There is a general belief that bad credit borrowers are restricted to payday loans when it comes to needing extra financing fast. But they are just as likely to get a larger unsecured personal loan with bad credit as the highly expensive fast cash alternative.
The fact is that, with bad credit scores not the principal concern amongst lenders, it is possible to get loan approval fast on loan sums ranging from the small to the relatively large - from $1,000 to $25,000. However, compromises, particularly relating to interest rates and repayment terms, are necessary to do so.
There is no doubt that even having the chance to be approved for unsecured personal loans is a major relief for bad credit borrowers, but it is nevertheless a challenge to meet the necessary criteria and secure the sum needed too. But there is always a solution to the problem.
Advantages to Bad Credit Borrowers
For those of us in tight financial corners, the opportunity to source a meaningful injection of cash is something of a lifesaver. Little wonder that bad credit borrowers have reacted so positively to the availability of unsecured personal loans, with bad credit histories ignored.
Traditional lenders have always been hesitant to take on the perceived risk in lending to applicants with poor credit histories, but the growth of online lenders has changed matters. Now, getting loan approval fast means financial emergencies can be dealt with, while the availability of larger sums means that most, if not all of the existing debt, can be cleared to drastically lower monthly obligations.
And with each debt that is cleared, the credit score is improved, and in doing so the credit reputation is slowly rebuilt. Of course, this is all dependent on the unsecured personal loan being repaid without a hitch, but the opportunity is there to make real financial strides.
Straightforward Loan Criteria
There is no great mystery about the criteria bad credit borrowers must meet before they can hope to get an unsecured personal loan. But while many people jump to the conclusion that credit scores are key, income and the debt-to-income ratio are both far more important.
The basic criteria relate to normal things, such as being over 18, being a US citizen (or long-term resident) and being in gainful full-time employment. But other criteria need to be satisfied in order to get loan approval fast, and having sufficient income is just one of them.
The other is that the debt-to-income ratio is well below the 40:60 limit. The ratio stipulates that no more than 40% of available income can be used to repay loans, with the remaining 60% used to cover expenses, household costs and unexpected bills. If the repayment for a new unsecured personal loan pushes the rate over the 40% limit, then the loan will be rejected.
Terms and Conditions
Lenders make their profits through interest rates, and when it comes to getting unsecured personal loans with bad credit, the interest rates will be high. This where credit scores have an influence, pushing up the size of the monthly repayments.
But, the issue of repayments can be countered by lengthening the loan term. For example, if a $10,000 loan over 2 years costs $425 per month, increasing the term to 5 years lowers the repayments to $175. This is much more affordable, though the interest paid over the lifetime of loan is greater.
Also, do not expect to get loan approval fast for larger loan sums. Lenders will check your credit history in detail, and this can mean waiting perhaps 48 hours for approval. But the major factor is that unsecured personal loans are within reach for bad credit borrowers.
Get Cash Right Now? Do Not Wait For The Cash Immediately. 60 Second Approvals. Quick Cash Tonight!
Rating of fast loans for bad credit
Get Online Application at online payday loans.